USA Rules of Engagement
- No recording (audio, video, or written) of the competition questions or answers is allowed.
- The competitor can compete in only one Chapter Competition in the 12 months prior to the USA National Championship.
- A competitor is allowed to compete in the USA National Brain Bee Competition only once in a lifetime.
- The competitor is of the age range 13 to 19 years of age. The Brain Bee is for teenagers only.
- If a competitor, who is advancing to the next level of competition, turns 20, he/she will not be eligible to continue. In that case, the second-place finisher will be substituted.
- The competitor must sign the liability and media authorization forms before competing in the USA Championship.
- The competitor must be accompanied by an adult chaperone (for in-person competitions), or a proctor (for virtual or paper competitions).
- The competitor must not have knowledge of the confidential questions and answers before the competition.
- The competitor’s answers are those of the competitor only, with no outside help.
- The decisions of the judges are final.
* Note: This list is not intended to imply that these are the entire list of rules and regulations.