Policy of Deferred Admission
- The University of Maryland School of Dentistry policy does not offer deferred admissions for the Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) program.
- Each offer of acceptance is specific to the entering class year given in the offer.
- A student’s acceptance is valid only for the entering class year given in the offer.
- Applicants must repeat the application process in-full if they wish to be considered for admission in a different entering class year.
- An applicant’s acceptance of an offer of admission must include a deposit of $1,000 which is non-refundable.
- An applicant who pays the acceptance deposit, but does not enroll as scheduled, will not receive a refund. However, an applicant who re-applies and is accepted within 5 years of when the acceptance deposit was first received, may request that the earlier $1,000 deposit be applied to the subsequent acceptance deposit fee.
- The pool of applicants and other factors related to admissions may differ from year-to-year. An applicant should not consider a prior offer of admission to be an assurance that the student will be offered admission again upon re-application.