Becoming a Patient - Shady Grove Oral Health Services
- You will be asked to arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment in order to complete all necessary forms.
- Please expect to be with us for 3 hours for each appointment.
- We are not charging a deposit at this time.
- The initial evaluation will include a detailed medical and dental history, basic exam, and any necessary diagnostic X-rays.
- Information gathered at the admissions appointment will be used to determine which program can best provide your dental care. Assessment, not admissions—change throughout
Please bring the following to your first appointment:
- Photo identification as well as any dental and/or medical insurance information
- List of current medications and dosages
- Payment by cash, check, MasterCard, Visa, Discover credit or debit card
Children must not be left unattended in the clinic reception area and will not be permitted in clinical areas for their own safety and the safety of our patients. If you choose to bring children, please make certain that they have adequate supervision.
9631 Gudelsky Drive
Rockville, MD 20850
Phone: 240-665-6700 or 240-665-6710
Appointments are available:
- Monday - Thursday: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Friday: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Emergency same day appointments may be available.
The Shady Grove patient care facility offers comprehensive dental care and emergency care, including
- Limited Evaluations
- Comprehensive Exams
- Crown and Bridge
- Anterior Root Canals (case by case)
- Simple Extractions
We do not currently offer:
- Bicuspid and Molar Root Canals
- Wisdom Teeth Extraction
Fees and Insurance
The Shady Grove patient care facility has a fee structure that is designed to be generally less than fees charged in private practice settings in our area because treatment is provided by students training to be dentists and dental hygienists. All treatment is provided under the direct supervision of faculty members who are licensed as a dentist or dental hygienist.
Directions and Parking
Building address and directions can be found here: https://shadygrove.umd.edu/about-usg/directions-transportation
Parking is $3 per hour in Lot 2 which is located directly in front of the building. If this lot is full you can park at either the Traville Gateway Garage or Shady Grove Garage at the same rate. No validation will be provided. View map of the campus.