Special Care and Geriatrics Eligibility Criteria.
Special Care and Geriatrics Clinic serves those with:
- Intellectual and developmental disabilities
- Older adults who are medically complex
- Cognitive disorders - including but not limited to those with:
- Alzheimer's disease
- Frontal temporal disorder
- Cognitive or intellectual disorders
- Autism Spectrum disorder
- Down Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Severe and/or challenging behaviors
- Physical disabilities - interfere with ability to function include, but are not limited to:
- Multiple sclerosis
- Blindness - if cannot function without assistance
- Confined to wheelchair AND cannot transfer to dental chair
- Transferred by stretcher AND cannot transfer to dental chair
- Unable to ambulate or be transferred to dental chair
- Hemophilia - for non-invasive procedures
- Uncontrolled epilepsy
- Receiving chemotherapy or radiation therapy
- On dialysis
- Waiting for organ transplant
- Waiting for bone marrow transplant
Others may qualify.
The University of Maryland, Baltimore is the founding campus of the University System of Maryland.
620 W. Lexington St., Baltimore, MD 21201 | 410-706-3100
© 2012-2013 University of Maryland, Baltimore. All rights reserved.