About the Advanced Specialty Education in Prosthodontics Clinic
In the Advanced Specialty Education in Prosthodontics Clinic, treatment is provided by licensed dentists who are receiving an additional three years of postgraduate training in the field of prosthodontics. Patients with complex restorative needs may be referred from another clinic in the School of Dentistry or from a private dental practice. Patients who have a written referral from a private dentist may call 410-706-7952 for information prior to scheduling an appointment for consultation and treatment.
Services and Treatments Provided
- Fixed - restoration of natural teeth with crowns and replacement of missing teeth with fixed bridges or implants
- Removable - design and fabrication of complete, immediate and partial dentures to replace missing teeth and oral function, correction of TMJ disorders, congenital defects of the head and neck due to trauma or disease
Fees, Insurance and Payment Plans
- Patients customarily pay for their treatment at each visit unless we have made alternate arrangements with you.
- For specific payment arrangements, you will be directed to one of our Business Managers.
- Payment can be made by cash, check, or credit card
- As a patient of the University of Maryland School of Dentistry, you are entitled to a complete treatment plan that includes your expected cost for care.
- Please be sure that you are clear on your financial responsibilities before beginning any dental treatment. You will be expected to demonstrate this awareness by placing your signature on your individual treatment plan.
- For those patients who do have insurance information on record, we will submit claims to your insurance carrier, as a courtesy to you, so that you are able to achieve the maximum reimbursement that you are entitled to.
- Please keep in mind that insurance companies do not guarantee payment for services, therefore, the full balance for your treatment costs are ultimately your responsibility.
- Any insurance payments that we do receive will be applied to your account balance.
- Your insurance information will be checked at each appointment to ensure coverage.
- We do not accept any HMOs at the school of dentistry.
Hours of Operation
- Receptionists are available to assist you 8 a.m. - 4 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Appointment times may vary depending on your provider's schedule
- Clinics are open year-round, but closed weekends, holidays, and during student/resident vacations
- Hours may vary due to special circumstances
- Please call 410-706-7952 for information