The University of Maryland, Baltimore does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, marital status, protected veteran's status, or age in its programs and activities. Specifically, Title IX prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in UMB's programs and activities. UMB will take steps to eliminate prohibited conduct, prevent its recurrence, and remedy its effects.
Policy for Patient Management
Patient Centered Dental Care
Policy for Patient Management in the General Practice Clinics:
- Students must treat all patients assigned and may not refuse to accept a patient assignment.
- Treatment must be performed in a timely manner.
- It is expected that the assigned student will continue treatment of all assigned patients until the planned treatment is completed or the case is reassigned to another provider.
- All dental care transfer or reassignment of patients must have the approval of the GP Director/Assistant Director.
- Any treatment initiated by a student must be completed by that student unless a reassignment is approved by both the GP Director/Assistant Director and the discipline specific faculty covering the procedure.
Approved by the CSC 05/08/2014
Approved by the Faculty Assembly 05/12/2014