Division of Orthodontics
We strive to make people happier, more confident, and successful in life
To improve the patient's oral and overall health by promoting and enhancing oral function, appearance, and self-esteem while using innovations in education, service, and all research related to the specialty of orthodontics and dentofacial orthopedics. We aspire to form professionals with a thirst for knowledge, and the ability to critically assess and implement scientific and social advances that will be encountered during a lifetime of practice.
- To educate and train postdoctoral students in the knowledge, skills and critical judgment required to practice the specialty of orthodontics and dentofacial orthopedics.
- To develop the postdoctoral student’s ability to understand, assess and add to clinical research by participation in scholarly research activities.
- To prepare the postdoctoral student to fulfill the requirements necessary for certification by the American Board of Orthodontics.
- To prepare the postdoctoral student to become educators in their field of expertise.
- To encourage the postdoctoral student to provide service to the community by participating in voluntary activities.