- To educate and train postdoctoral students in the knowledge, skills and critical judgment required to practice the specialty of orthodontics and dentofacial orthopedics.
- To develop postdoctoral student’s ability to understand, assess and add to clinical research by participation in scholarly research activities.
- To prepare the postdoctoral student to fulfill the requirements necessary for certification by the American Board of Orthodontics.
- To prepare the postdoctoral student to become educators in their field of expertise.
- To encourage the postdoctoral student to provide service to the community by participating in voluntary activities.