Services We Provide
We provide the evaluation, diagnosis and management of a wide spectrum of orofacial pain disorders, that includes Temporomandibular disorders (TMD), chronic and persistent dental pains, cranial neuralgias, peripheral and central neuropathies, as well as primary headache disorders:
Musculoskeletal pains including:
- Temporomandibular Disorders (TMD)
- Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) pain, jaw/mandible pain, pain with mastication, mouth opening, jaw locking, clicking or popping of the TMJ
- Clenching, grinding
- Myalgia and myofascial pain, pain in cervical and masticatory muscles
- Nerve pains including:
- Trigeminal neuralgia, glossopharyngeal neuralgia, occipital neuralgia
- Peripheral and centralized trigeminal neuropathies
Neurovascular disorders including:
- Primary headache disorders:
- Migraine, headache and TMD co-morbidity, tension type headache, trigeminal autonomic cephalalgias (in consultation with neurology)
Our management is conservative and individualized for the specific needs of the patient. Management includes pharmacological approaches (including injectable medications), physical therapy modalities, as well as behavioral approaches to pain management. The optimal management of orofacial pain conditions can be attained in a multidisciplinary manner, including pharmacological and non-pharmacological modalities. Referrals to physical therapy, neurology, neurosurgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, ENT, oral medicine, sleep medicine, pain psychology and pain psychiatry are available as well.
To learn more about the Brotman Facial Pain Clinic and the services we provide, contact us by telephone at (410) 706-7961. Please bring any night guard or mouth appliance currently in use as well as any relevant dental and medical records, list of medications currently taking, laboratory results, MRIs, X-rays or other type of imaging taken outside the school to the appointment. Thank you.
You may complete the form to refer a patient to the Brotman Facial Pain Clinic. The form can be received by Fax (410) 706-0309 or it can be given to the patient to bring to his/her appointment. If you have any questions please contact our clinic staff at (410) 706-7961.
The University of Maryland, Baltimore is the founding campus of the University System of Maryland.
620 W. Lexington St., Baltimore, MD 21201 | 410-706-3100
© 2017-2018 University of Maryland, Baltimore. All rights reserved.