Service Goals and Objectives
Faculty and undergraduate students strive to meet the following goals and objectives:
- Provide leadership in professional associations to promote the goals and values of the profession and to address the oral health needs of the public.
- Participate in community service activities to establish ties with the community and to improve the quality of life for the citizens of Maryland and surrounding communities.
- Disseminate science-based oral health information to professionals outside dentistry and provide oral health prevention services to underserved communities.
- Offer high quality evidence-based educational programs at the bachelor's and master's levels that will enhance the awareness, appreciation and utilization of dental hygienists in health care, research, educational and community settings throughout Maryland and nationally
- Conduct and develop continuing education programs to serve the needs of the dental community, especially dental hygienists, in response to changing concepts in the delivery of oral health care.
- Provide quality evidence-based, cutting-edge, patient-centered dental hygiene care in the teaching clinics of the Dental School and at community sites.
- Participate in campus inter-professional activities to enhance education in total health centered approach.
- Critically think and individualize care using evidence-based research methodology
- Lead and problem solve by participating in community-based programs that enhance critical thinking skill levels
The University of Maryland, Baltimore is the founding campus of the University System of Maryland.
620 W. Lexington St., Baltimore, MD 21201 | 410-706-3100
© 2012-2013 University of Maryland, Baltimore. All rights reserved.