Frequently Asked Questions
Consider this before you volunteer:
- Can you afford all the costs associated with the externship?
- Do you have a current and valid passport?
- Can you obtain a visa?
- Are you healthy enough for travel?
- Do you have health insurance that covers foreign travel and medical evacuation?
- Are you up to date on immunizations?
How to Volunteer
Obtain a Foreign Dental Externship Form from the Office of International Initiatives. The office will consider your country preferences, then solicit host sites and notify you when final placement options are determined. First choices are honored whenever possible. For more information, call 410-706-7342 or email email@example.com.