Working from Home
OIT offers many options for faculty and staff to work from home.
Make sure to enter your login with your complete email address (<username>@umaryland.edu).
You may receive a message that you are being redirected - this is normal.
If you need access to Axium or MiPACS from home, you can access it from any computer with internet access and web browser.
Simply visit https://dentalapps.dental.umaryland.edu and press the Connect button (you do not need to enter a server name).
Enter Dental\UserName, Then your Network Password
If you are having problems and cannot press the Connect button because it is grayed out, do the following:
- In Internet Explorer click Tools and select Internet Options from the menu.
- Select the Security tab and click on Trusted Sites, then click the Sites button.
- Then, add https://dentalapps.dental.umaryland.edu to the list of trusted sites.
Next Click the Sign in button
Next Click Axium Live button.
You should be presented with a Windows logon box, simply Click Connect, then OK
Login again user Network UserName and password. *You do NOT need the Dental\*
VPN and Remote Desktop (work from home, on your office PC)
If you need to logon to your office computer from home you can, you will just need VPN (Cisco AnyConnect) and Remote Desktop. VPN (Cisco AnyConnect) must be downloaded and installed on your home computer. Click on the link below to download the VPN (Cisco AnyConnect) application and install it on your home PC.
To download and install Cisco AnyConnect, visit the link above and:
- Select SOD from the Group dropdown list.
- Login using your UMID Username and Password.
- For the Second Password, use the Push factor or the 6-digit code from Duo Mobile. If you used the push notification factor, you will receive an alert that requires approval on your mobile device. Otherwise, complete the installation process by agreeing and and choosing install.
- After a few seconds the installation window will disappear, and you will now see a lock icon in the bottom right corner. Notice that the lock is locked - that means you are connected to the dental school network.
Now you can use Remote Desktop to login to your office PC. Remote Desktop Connection is integrated in the Windows operating system, and is found under Programs -> Accessories.
If you are using Mac, please download Microsoft Remote Desktop using the below link.
Next, simply run it and enter in the name of your office PC, this is found by double clicking on the LANDesk Remote Control icon found in the bottom right corner. Highlighted in blue is your office PC's computer name.
Logon normally as you would if you were in your office, you now have access to anything you have access to if you were in your office.