Clinical/Educational Student Community Outreach Protocol
At this time all clinical and educational activities are suspended due to COVID-19 restrictions.
- For all Educational community service outreach activities that do not involve screenings, fluoride varnish, etc. n UMSOD Faculty member does not need to oversee the event. The following is needed two weeks prior to the event:
- Student Activities Form
- Submit the signed form to the Director of Medical Credentialing & Quality Assurance, Ms. Elyse Markwitz and copy the SGA and your class community serivce chair(s).
- A list of student names need to be submitted to Ms. Markwitz prior to the event, stating what the students will be doing at the event
- Faculty is to notify students if they will NOT be assisting at the event and doing other volunteer task (such as: setting up, etc.)
- Liability Insurance Coverage Form PDF.
- Dental Screening Consent Form PDF– each participant (patient) must complete and sign
For both educational and clinical community service outreach, all forms must be completed and sent to Ms. Elyse Markwitz two to three weeks prior to the outreach event so that it may be reviewed and approved by The Office of Clincial Affairs. For clinical outreach, please provide the completed Sign-In Sheet and Consent form following the event. This is necessary for the event to be covered by our liability policy.
For more information regarding Community Service Events Procedures, please refer to the Clinic Manual.