Dental Office Embezzlement: Prevention, Detection, and Proper Record Keeping
|Date:||Tuesday, August 9, 2022|
|Time:||6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.|
|Location:||University of Maryland School of Dentistry - Live Webinar via WebEx|
2 CDE credit hours - lecture
The University of Maryland School of Dentistry designated this activity for 2 Continuing Dental Education hours.
|Presented by:||Ron Moser, DDS and Anne M. Moser, RDH, LPI|
|Conflict of Interest:||Nothing to disclose|
Dr. Ron Moser - Private General Practice – Bowie Md 1979-2016
Chairman - Maryland State Dental Association Legislative Affairs Committee 2001 – 2010
Member - State Board of Dental Examiners 2010-2018
President - State Board of Dental Examiners 2015-2017
Examiner and Assignment Committee chair - Commission on Dental Competence Assessment formerly (NERB) 2004-present
Mrs. Anne M. Moser - Registered Dental Hygienist, 30 years private practice
Licensed Private Investigator
Owner, Inside Risk, LLC
-Confidential Background Investigations
A fascinating two-hour class presented by Dr. Ron Moser and Anne Moser that covers all aspects of how proper record keeping is a dentist’s best friend in preventing and detecting embezzlement, identity theft, and insurance fraud.
Nearly all fraud that occurs in dental offices requires the perpetrator to alter records and steal in a way that the dentist will not be expecting or missing payments.
Statistics show that 60% of dentists will be victims of dental office embezzlement, but after factoring in the staggering volume of unreported embezzlement, that number jumps to 90 %.
You will learn how proper checks and balances will help prevent and detect embezzlement.
In the second hour of the class we give dentists a captivating glimpse into a real dental crime case. Doctors will get to view video deposition segments and records from a complex embezzlement case. Video depositions and records show how crafty and devious thieves penetrate patient records to commit atrocious financial crimes and how they were caught and prosecuted.
Upon completion of this course, the participants will learn:
- Why dental offices are high-risk targets for fraud committed by employees.
- What your statistical probability is of becoming a victim of dental office embezzlement or other fraud.
- How proper record keeping can help prevent and detect fraud.
- How skilled thieves tamper with patient records to hide embezzlement.
- What you can do to minimize your chances of becoming a victim of fraud.
- Participants will learn what embezzlement and record tampering looks like from a legal aspect in a special documentary presentation of a real-life prosecution of a complex dental office embezzlement scheme.