Ms. Sharon Varlotta, RDH, MS
Ms. Sharon Varlotta, RDH, MS, Clinical Associate Professor, graduated from Baltimore City Community College in 1997 with an associate's degree in dental hygiene. She received her bachelor's degree in dental hygiene from the University of Maryland School of Dentistry in 2009. She graduated with her master of science (Dental Hygiene) graduate program at the University of Maryland in 2013. Prior to working at UMSOD, Ms. Varlotta practiced privately for 14 years.
Ms. Varlotta shares her appointment at the School of Dentistry in the Department of Endodontics, Periodontics and Prosthodontics, and the Department of Oncology and Diagnostic Sciences.
- Member; American Dental Hygienists' Association
- Member: Strategic Planning Committee UMSOD
- Member, Multinational Association Supportive Care in Cancer
- Member, American Dental Education Association
- Member, Leadership in HIV Summit Planning Committee
- Member, Biosafety Committee UMSOD
- DHYG 312H Oral Embryology and Histology
- DHYG 324: Methods and Materials In Dentistry
- DHYG 411: Advanced Clinical Practice I
- DHYG 421: Advanced Clinical Practice II