USA National Championship
USA Brain Bee Championship
The 2022 USA Brain Bee Championship will be very simple.
It will be a 2 hour paper and pencil multiple choice exam on Saturday, April 9, 2022 at 4:00 Eastern Time. A hard copy of the exam and answer sheet will be mailed to each participating Chapter Coordinator who will arrange for the administration of the exam. There is no registration fee. The prizes will be the same as previous years: $1,500 for first; $1000 for second; $500 for third; trophies for the top 10; and participation certificates for all. The USA Champion will represent the United States at the World Brain Bee Championship this summer. Only winners of the City (Chapter) Competitions are invited to compete in the USA National Championship.
The examination will have nine sections:
- Section One: Neuroanatomy (30 questions, 30 points)
- Section Two: Neurohistology (10 questions, 2 points)
- Section Three: General Neuroscience (30 questions, 30 points)
- Section Four: Neuropathology (15 questions, 15 points)
- Section Five: Neuropharmacology (5 questions, 5 points)
- Section Six: Patient Diagnosis (10 questions, 10 points)
- Section Seven: Everyday Applications (10 questions, 2 points)
- Section Eight: History of Neuroscience (10 questions, 1 point)
- Section Nine: Neuroscience Methods (10 questions, 5 points)
130 Questions, 100 Points
The 2023 USA Brain Bee Championship three day event will be held in-person at the University of California, Irvine in the Spring of 2023.