Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Information Related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
The University of Maryland School of Dentistry and the entire University of Maryland Baltimore campus are closely monitoring the rapidly changing developments involving Coronavirus (COVID-19). We are in constant contact with and adhere to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines about COVID-19. We ask that our patients and members of the School of Dentistry community take note of the following information.
Information for Patients
- Clinic operations have resumed with continued reopenings. The School of Dentistry has made important safety-related changes, including enhanced air filtration and disinfection protocols, that exceed CDC guidelines for dental practices to ensure the safest environment . Please continue to refer to this website for the latest updates and other announcements.
- If you are a patient who has traveled to a country with a CDC Level 3 Travel Notice we ask that you self-isolate at home for at least 14 days from the time that you returned to this country.
- Patients with the flu or flu-like symptoms (fever, coughing, difficulty breathing) should not come to the dental school and should reschedule their appointments to a later date after symptoms have cleared.
- Patient entrance is located at Baltimore and Pine Streets. There is a drop-off location between the School of Pharmacy and the courtyard.
- For your safety and the safety of others, at this time we can only have one parent/guardian/caretaker and one patient in the building at one time. Only the patient will be permitted in the clinic for treatment. If you must bring other family members they will be asked to stay outside of the building during the visit.
- We must comply with the CDC policies and guidelines and reduce the spread of COVID 19. A face covering is required for entry to the building.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your appointment to allow time for COVID screening protocols.
- Patient parking is available at the Plaza and Grand garages. For more patient parking information, visit Driving Directions and Parking.
Information for Current and Prospective Students
- All student activities, meetings, fundraising etc. must to be held virtually until further notice.
- COVID-19 Student Information from Academic Affairs
- Frequently Asked Questions from Admissions (including COVID-19 questions
Information for Faculty and Staff
The University of Maryland is regularly updating its Coronavirus information page with the latest information and recommendations to promote a safe and healthy environment for the university community.
Last updated: August 27, 2020