Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Information Related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
The University of Maryland School of Dentistry and the entire University of Maryland Baltimore campus are closely monitoring the rapidly changing developments involving Coronavirus (COVID-19). We are in constant contact with and adhere to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines about COVID-19. We ask that our patients and members of the School of Dentistry community take note of the following information.
Information for Patients
- Clinic operations have resumed. The School of Dentistry has made important safety-related changes, including enhanced air filtration and disinfection protocols, that exceed CDC guidelines for dental practices to ensure the safest environment . Please continue to refer to this website for the latest updates and other announcements.
- If you are a patient who has traveled to a country with a CDC Level 3 Travel Notice we ask that you self-isolate at home for at least 14 days from the time that you returned to this country.
- Patients with the flu or flu-like symptoms (fever, coughing, difficulty breathing) should not come to the dental school and should reschedule their appointments to a later date after symptoms have cleared.
- Patient entrance is located at Baltimore and Pine Streets. There is a drop-off location between the School of Pharmacy and the courtyard.
Patients are NOT to have anyone come with them to their dental appointment including family, children, or person providing transport. (Please see exceptions below)
Escort exceptions can be made for the following:
- Interpreters for language barrier where patient does not speak English.
- Guardians for minor children where the child is the patient.
- Caregivers/guardian who have power of attorney to make decisions for adult patients being treated.
If the patient is coming from a nursing home or other long-term care facilities (for example: correctional facility, group home, healthcare for the homeless), they must bring a COVID negative test within 3 days of visit to the dental school. They will need to have a negative test within 3 days of visit for every separate visit.
A patient will not be admitted to the School of Dentistry if they have traveled outside of the country or outside of the states of MD, PA, DE, DC, VA, WV (Maryland and its neighboring states) within the last 14 days.
- We must comply with the CDC policies and guidelines and reduce the spread of COVID 19. A face covering is required for entry to the building.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your appointment to allow time for COVID screening protocols. Patients are not allowed entry into the school more than 30 minutes before their appointed time.
- Patient parking is available at the Plaza and Grand garages. For more patient parking information, visit Driving Directions and Parking.
Information for Current and Prospective Students
- All student activities, meetings, fundraising etc. must to be held virtually until further notice.
- COVID-19 Student Information from Academic Affairs
- Frequently Asked Questions from Admissions (including COVID-19 questions
Information for Faculty and Staff
The University of Maryland is regularly updating its Coronavirus information page with the latest information and recommendations to promote a safe and healthy environment for the university community.
Last updated: August 27, 2020