Dental Hygiene Program Bachelor of Science Goals
- Provide education in a broader perspective and at a higher level
- Develop future leaders and educators in dental hygiene and the dental profession in general
- Provide quality comprehensive and ethical dental hygiene care to individuals of all means and backgrounds
- Possess the capabilities to provide ethical, evidence-based, state-of-the-art care in a dynamic health care environment
- Contribute to the growth, development and professionalism of dental hygiene as espoused in the ADHA Code of Ethics through personal professional development and life-long learning
- Promote optimal oral health and its relationship to general health among diverse population groups
- Utilize a pragmatic process of care protocol when offering health care programs or services to individual and diverse population groups while facilitating access to care and services
- Develop high level technological skills for use in professional, clinical and didactic environments
- Provide an environment conducive to continued learning from undergraduate to graduate level
- Enhance critical thinking skills
- Educate a provider who is able integrate and navigate through a medical/dental perspective
- Promote graduate education through an accelerated BSDH-MPH program
The University of Maryland, Baltimore is the founding campus of the University System of Maryland.
620 W. Lexington St., Baltimore, MD 21201 | 410-706-3100
© 2012-2013 University of Maryland, Baltimore. All rights reserved.