Implant Periodontal Prosthodontic Fellowship Program
2020-2021 Academic Year Application Window
Opens: September 3, 2019
Closes: December 15, 2019
The University of Maryland School of Dentistry, Advanced Oral Sciences and Therapeutics welcomes candidate applications for the 2021 academic year Implant Periodontal Prosthodontic Fellowship Program (IPP). Individuals who have completed U.S. or equivalent, postgraduate training in Periodontics or Prosthodontics are eligible to apply to this intensive, full-time 12-month program.
The goal of the Fellowship is to provide a unique opportunity for Periodontists and Prosthodontists to learn and collaborate to deliver the highest quality of Implant Dentistry. Prosthodontic and Periodontal Fellows will cross-train and share knowledge, enabling both specialties to broaden their understanding of the implant process as a whole.
The 3-pronged curriculum consists of lectures, clinical experience and research which provides the Fellows with a strong foundation in the interdisciplinary management of patients with complex treatment needs. Curriculum emphasis is placed on developing multidisciplinary holistic patient diagnoses, developing surgical and prosthetic treatment plans and instilling the clinical skills necessary to execute the full approved treatment for complex implant cases.
This Fellowship is guided by UMB SOD Faculty, which includes Board-certified specialists, and takes place in the state-of-the-art Periodontics Postgraduate Clinic. Fellows will train in full surgical suites with sedation capability, use the latest diagnostic imaging equipment and surgical microscopes, and will be assisted by a dedicated support staff. A competitive Fellowship salary is offered.
The University of Maryland School of Dentistry welcomes American and International applicants. Accepted candidates who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents, must obtain an F1-OPT visa or provide documentation proving that they are eligible to work in the United States. All Fellows are required to have health insurance and a Maryland Dental license.
Please click HERE to view the timeline for the IPP Fellowship and OPT process. All application requirements and submissions, including receipt of visa, MUST be completed prior to the start of the Fellowship.
- Completed on-line application form
- Proof of DDS or equivalent and participation in a U.S. residency program in Periodontics or Prosthodontics
- Official dental education transcript(s) in English
- Three (3) letters of recommendation in English, one of which is from the Department Chairperson of the department
- Proof of health insurance
- Current CPR certification
- Curriculum Vitae in English
- Statement of Intent to include individual goals and expectations for the Fellowship
- $90 Application Fee in check or money order made out to The University of Maryland
- 2 x 2 Photo
These Application Requirements are firm and non-negotiable. Applications which are incomplete at the start of the application review process cannot be considered for acceptance.
The following are required if accepted into the Fellowship AND prior to the start date:
- Proof of F1-OPT visa or documentation of eligibility to work in the United States. Please click HERE for additional information on OPT.
- Maryland Dental License (temporary is acceptable)
All visa requirements and the receipt of the F1 OPT must occur prior to the program start date! All accepted Fellows must start on the first day of the Fellowship.
Please submit any question and your application and all requirements to:
Liesa M. Berg
Department of Advanced Oral Sciences and Therapeutics
University of Maryland School of Dentistry
650 West Baltimore Street
Baltimore, MD 21201