Find your smile at the NMD!
Choose from a guided tour of the museum or explore on your own to learn about the past, present, and future of dentistry.
Questions? Please email email@example.com or call 410-706-0600.
How your visit at NMD can go...
- Drop off/Pick Up - If coming by bus or in a group, the safest and quickest drop off/pick up location is the bus stop at the corner of West Lombard and South Greene Streets (522 West Lombard St, Baltimore, MD 21201). From there, you'll be able to see our large red banner on the corner of our building, and our glass front doors situated behind the fenced-in hill. Driving separately? Check out our Directions and Parking page for more information.
- Entering the Museum - Once you make it through our glass front doors, you will be in the museum's atrium and entrance area. The point of contact for your group should check-in at the front desk. The rest of the group can place any jackets, lunches, or other items on the tables against the brick wall if necessary, and then gather in the center of the atrium until a museum staff member arrives for the introduction and directions for your visit.
- Touring the Museum - For both self-guided and guided tours, a museum staff member will provide an introduction and directions for the museum before your group enters the galleries. For a self-guided tour, once the introduction is complete, your group will be free to explore the museum. For a guided tour, your group will be split into manageable group sizes for the tour guides, and each tour will last about an hour going through the entire museum.
- After the Tour - Your group will have the opportunity, if requested, to visit the gift shop (+20 mins) or eat lunch (+30-45 mins), as well as ask any questions about the museum or dentistry to a museum staff member.
The NMD currently encourages its visitors to wear masks or face coverings while indoors. Complimentary masks are available at our front desk. The past restrictions on group size and physical distancing have been lifted.
For more information about the COVID-19 guidelines we are following, please visit https://www.umaryland.edu/coronavirus/resources/
Typical visits to the Dr. Samuel D. Harris National Museum of Dentistry last about 1-2 hours. Plan for a little longer stay if you'd like to purchase items from the gift shop, explore the museum on your own after a tour, or to eat lunch.
Admission for adults is $10 and seniors (65+) is $5. Is your organization/group in town for a conference? Reach out ahead of time to discuss special admission opportunities with the museum.
Yes! The NMD has two cases full of dental related toys and products, and your group is welcome to purchase items from the gift shop AT THE END of your tour.
Although we do not have food to purchase, your group is more than welcome to bring packed lunches or purchase lunches from nearby restaurants to eat at the museum. During your tour, lunches can be stored on tables in the museum's atrium, which always has a security guard or staff person present. Please let us know ahead of time if your group wants to eat at the museum so we can arrange for tables and chairs.
Pictures are always welcome at the museum! We do, however, request that you do not use phones for anything other than picture taking during the tour. We'd also love to share your visit! If you're interested in sharing your group's oral health pride, have your group fill out and bring this Photo Consent Form to the museum on the day of your visit or ask for the forms to be available when you arrive.
As soon as you find out, let us know! We are always happy to reschedule, and also understand if weather or any other unforseen event means you won't be able to make it to the museum this year due to scheduling. Full refunds will be given if the tour is canceled more than 48 hours in advance or canceled due to inclement weather. Partial refunds will be given if the tour is canceled under 48 hours in advance.
Also, the NMD typically follows the same closures and delays for Baltimore City Public Schools when it comes to inclement weather. We will also let you know as soon as possible if we are going to be closed due to inclement weather, and we always put an announcement at the top of our website and on our voicemail.
To make your booking as easily as possible, please follow these steps:
- Have an estimated number of adults and staff members that could attend this trip.
- Have at least two potential dates available when you contact the museum.
- When you are ready to book your field trip, complete our online registration form below OR contact the museum at 410-706-0600 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
National Museum of Dentistry
31 S. Greene Street,
Baltimore, MD 21201
Dr. Scott Swank
9am to 4pm
Members, Military, UMB Community, Teachers, and Children (2 and under): FREE
Seniors and Students: $6
Children (3-12): $5
10 or more: $5 per person
K-12: $5 per person
Teachers & Chaperones: FREE
There are a number of ways you can show your support for the National Museum of Dentistry.
In addition to cash donations, which can be pledged by check or credit card, the NMD happily accepts gifts of stock, planned or deferred contributions, and in-kind services. To discuss giving options, please contact the SOD Development Office.
Looking to donate items to the NMD's collection, please visit our Collections and Archives page for more information.