University of Maryland Baltimore (UMB) is conveniently located in downtown Baltimore, six blocks west of Inner Harbor. The UMB campus can be easily accessed by train, light rail subway or buses.
- Train: The Camden Line of the MARC train service runs from Camden Station at Camden Yards to Union Station in Washington D.C. Camden station is within walking distance (6 or 7 blocks). However, it is a small station and has a limited number of trains only during the commute hour. The Penn Line runs from Penn Station in Baltimore to Union Station in Washington D.C. However, Penn station is much further from the University. The best way to reach the UMB campus from Penn station is by taxi or light rail. The fare for MARC is $7 for one-way.
- Light rail: Baltimore has light rail service ($3.20 for a day pass) that connects park-and-ride locations from northern Baltimore County to Glen Burnie and includes spur lines to Penn Station and BWI Airport. The University Center stop is 2 blocks east of campus between Baltimore and Lombard streets.
- Subway: The Baltimore Metro runs from east Baltimore to Owings Mills. The Lexington Market stop is located near the corner of Eutaw and Lexington streets.
- Buses: Routes 1, 2, 7, 8, 11, 20, 35, and 36 serve the UMB campus.
- Charm City Circulator: Free shuttles that travel four routes in Baltimore City. Orange route travels from Hollins Market to Harbor East and has twos stops at UMB Medical Center.
For more information about traveling to UMB campus via public transportation:
The University of Maryland, Baltimore is the founding campus of the University System of Maryland.
620 W. Lexington St., Baltimore, MD 21201 | 410-706-3100
© 2017-2018 University of Maryland, Baltimore. All rights reserved.