NEW UMSOD Implantology Continuum Course - Registration Closed for 2019; Now Accepting Registrations for 2020 Continuum
|Date:||Every Monday beginning August 26, 2019 through July 2020|
Morning session: 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Afternoon Session: 11:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
|Location:||University of Maryland School of Dentistry, at 650 W. Baltimore Street, Baltimore, MD 21201|
Clinic registration fee $950 Due at time of registration (one-time non-refundable fee)
First payment $7,200 Due at time of registration
Second payment $7,200 Due August 1, 2019
There is a 5% discount for applicants who choose to pay the course in its entirety:
$13,680 upfront + the $950 clinic registration fee = $14,630 totalBoth options will appear online at the time of registration.
100 CDE credit hours lecture/participation annually.
The University of Maryland School of Dentistry designated this activity for 100 Continuing Dental Education hours annually.
James Kassolis, DDS
Hanae Saito, DDS, MS, CRC
Harlan Shiau, DDS, DMed Sc
Vivek Thumbigere-Math, BDS, PhD
Thomas W. Oates, DMD, PhD
Mary Beth Aichelmann-Reidy, DDS
Carl F. Driscoll, DMD
Guadalupe Garcia Fay, DMD
Radi Masri, DDS, MS, PhD
Elias M. Rivera, DDS, MS
Behzad Mostoufi, DDS, MDS
Gary Warburton, DDS, MD, FACS
Jennifer Atapour, DDS
Doug Barnes, DDS, MS
Herbie Mendelson, DDS
Mary Ann Schneiderman, RDH, MS
Sharon Varlotta, RDH, MS
Marvin Leventer, DDS
Jeffrey Price, DDS, MS
|Conflict of Interest:||Nothing to disclose.|
This two-year program is designed to impart to participants the knowledge; skill set and confidence needed to deliver one of the most highly sought services in dentistry today. Dental implants offer not just cosmetic appeal for patients but a more solid foundation for a longer-term investment in their oral health. Dental implants have become the gold standard when it comes to restoring partially and completely edentulous patients. The main purpose of this course is to help dentists and their patients benefit from everything that dental implants have to offer. By integrating comprehensive implant dentistry into their practices, participants can elevate their practices to a higher level.
This course is comprised of a powerful lecture component as well as actual hands-on training. Through this program, participants will have the ability to provide implant treatment for at least four patients.
The course consists of a 1-day-a-week class (Monday) for two years and includes classroom instruction as well as hands-on learning, including live patient treatment. A morning or afternoon session in a clinic setting will incorporate a focus on surgery, prosthetics and working on patient treatment plans; the weekly session will feature lectures, case presentations and literature review.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Evaluate, Diagnose, and Establish an Optimal Treatment Plan
- Critically Evaluate Literature Pertaining to Implant Dentistry
- Comfortably Formulate and Critique Complex Case Presentations
- Utilize CT Imagery for Treatment Planning & Computer Guided Surgeries
- Perform Simple to Complex Surgical Extractions in an Atraumatic Manner
- Utilize Socket Preservation/Ridge Augmentation Bone Grafting Procedures
- Perform 1st and 2nd Stage Implant Surgical Procedures
- Prosthetically Restore a Myriad of Implant Case Types – Fixed, Removable, and Hybrid
Must have a current license to practice dentistry in the United States
Participants can be practicing dentists or are eligible upon completing a general dentistry residency.
This will be provided by UMSOD and is included in the cost of tuition.
Participants must bring their own laptops and digital cameras.
The University of Maryland School of Dentistry designated this activity for 200 Continuing Dental Education hours.
Participation (Hands-On) Course Guidelines:
- Course attendees are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) and clinical attire during hands-on activities. University of Maryland School of Dentistry, Office of Continuing Education (UMSOD CE) will provide each attendee with PPE. Participants are invited to bring their own lab coats and loupes to the course.
- In the event that the course includes the use/handling of human tissue, it is UMSOD CE’s understanding that all participants are current with Hepatitis B vaccinations.
- All course participants must wear long pants (to the ankle).
- Face masks, face shields and gloves will always be available for courses and must be used as required.
- If the course includes drilling or grinding, protective eyewear and face masks are required and must be worn during the duration of that specific activity.
- Gloves must not be worn when using the model trimmers or dental lathes.
- Medium to long hair must be pinned or tied back for safety reasons.
- Dangling jewelry should be removed prior to performing any hands-on activity.
- No hats, shorts or open-toed shoes are allowed in the Simulation Lab or any clinical or research area during the course.
- We request that cell phones be turned to silent or vibrate during the course, as to not distract others in the learning environment.
General Cancellation Policy for Continuing Education
General Cancellation Policy for Continuing Education
The Office of Continuing Education reserves the right to end registration when an enrollment limit is reached and to cancel, modify, or alter content or faculty for any course if circumstances indicate the need for such a change. If the school finds it necessary to cancel a course, a full refund will be granted. All attempts to contact registrants will be made as soon as possible in the event of a course cancellation. The school will not be held responsible for any losses due to travel arrangements made by the registrant.
In the event of inclement weather (such as a snow emergency) or other extenuating circumstances, the Office of Continuing Education may be forced to cancel a course. If a course has been cancelled, we will contact participants by the email address provided. You may call or email our office on the day of the course if you are uncertain of a course’s status.
Implant Continuum Cancellation Policy
In case of cancellation by registrant, refunds will be made (less a $4,320 admin fee) if received no later than two months prior to the start of the course. Refunds will not be given after that time or to no-shows.