The Worn Dentition: Finding ways to Meet and Treat the Challenges...from planning through execution
|Date:||Thursday, November 10, 2022|
|Time:||8 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.|
|Location:||University of Maryland School of Dentistry - Live Webinar via Zoom|
|Tuition:||The Dental Professional: $59|
1.5 CDE credit hours - lecture
The University of Maryland School of Dentistry designated this activity for 1.5 Continuing Dental Education hours.
|Target Audience:||Dental Professionals|
|Presented by:||Marshall D. Fagin, DDS|
|Conflict of Interest:||Nothing to disclose|
Marshall D. Fagin, DDS Prosthodontist; international lecturer and educator for over 40 years; private practice; part-time Clinical Associate Professor at SUNY’s Dental School in the Post-Grad Prosthodontic Residency Program. He was awarded Diplomat status in the International Congress of Oral Implantologists in 1994 and is a Fellowship recipient of the International College of Dentists for his contributions to Dentistry.
The challenges of the worn dentition leave many mystified with what treatment is possible and affordable. Learn insights to proper assessment and treatment options that can vary greatly and yet still fulfill patient objectives and save teeth.
At the conclusion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Learn how to assess and rebuild vertical dimension functionally and esthetically
- Understand the reason for wear/erosion and its impact on treatment planning
- Review treatment options that fit within financial comfort zone, integrating comprehensive exam findings of perio needs, TMJ issues, occlusal challenges, and habits contributing to wear/erosion
- Participate in case discussions on “what would you do” and how to plan and execute a restorative plan combining dentures, partials, crowns and major composite restorations
- Review detection of early wear how to protect and minimize further wear, as well as protection of patient’s investment in major restorative treatment