|Robert Laraway, DDS '15 presented a poster entitled|
"Posterior Thalamus: A Role in Pain Processing"
at the 2012 ADA meeting in San Francisco.
- Robert Laraway (DDS '15) presented a poster entitled "Posterior Thalamus: A Role in Pain Processing" at the 2012 ADA meeting in San Francisco. His mentor was Dr. Radi Masri.
- Shaina Holman (DDS/PhD '15) won the 2012 AADR Student Research Fellowship
- Shaina Holman (DDS/PhD '15), Salar Sanjari (DDS/MS '14), Dianna Zoche (DDS/PhD '14) and Leelah Jaberi (DDS/PhD '18) present posters at the 2012 AADR Annual Meeting in Tampa, Fla.
- Chani Barakai (DDS '14) presented her research at the ADA Foundation Dental Students Conference on Research. Her mentors were Dr. Patrik Bavoil and Dr. Kelly Hovis. Her poster was entitled "Identification of Type 3 Secretion Effector Proteins in Chlamydia."
- Jami Saloman (PhD '12) won a travel award to attend the IASP World Congress on Pain
- Dr. Sharon Gordon was appointed as AADR National Student Research Group Faculty Advisor at the 2012 AADR Annual Meeting
- Shaina Holman (DDS/PhD '15) will serve as secretary of the AADR National Student Research Group for 2012 - 2013
- Dr. Prashant Verna, an endodontics resident, presented a poster at the American Association of Endodontists Annual Session entitled "What is the Public Health Need for Regenerative Endodontics?"
- Endodontics Resident Dr. Prashant Verma was awarded the New Dentist Award from the Maryland State Dental Association
- Dr. Verma was awarded a Platinum Level Certificate at the President's Student Leadership Institute
- In January, 2011, Jami Saloman and Katelyn Niu had a publication entitled “Sex differences in the contribution of ATP-sensitive K+ channels in trigerminal ganglia under an acute muscle pain condition” accepted for publication in the journal Neuroscience.
- Jami Saloman received a Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award (F31) that will support her research and education from 2011-2012.
- Bryan Chai received a Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award (F30) that will support his research and education from 2011-2013.
- Shaina Holman, a D.D.S./Ph.D. student, presented research at the Hinman Research Symposium in Memphis, Tenn., in October, 2010.
- Brett Kingma, a dental student, presented research during a summer program at the University of Michigan School of Dentistry.
- Katelyn Niu received a Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award (F30) that will support her research and education from 2010-2013.
- Suzanne Gray, a D.D.S./M.D.H. student, was selected for the ADA Foundation Dental Student Scholarship after she successfully defended her M.D.H. capstone project.
Saloman JL, Chung MK, Ro JY. P2X3 and TRPV1 functionally interact and mediate sensitization of trigeminal sensory neurons. Neuroscience 2012 (in press).
Niu KY, Zhang, Y., and Ro JY. Effects of gonadal hormones on the peripheral cannabinoid receptor 1 (CB1R) system under a myostis condition in rats. PAIN 153: 2283-2291, 2012.
Holman SD. Konow N, L. Lukasik S, German RZ: Regional Variation in Geniohyoid Muscle Strain During Suckling in the Infant Pig. Journal of Experimental Zoology Part A: Ecological Genetics and Physiology, 2012.
Chai B., Guo W., Wei F., Dubner R., and Ren K. Trigeminal-Rostral Ventromedical Medulla circuitry is involved in orofacial hyperalgesia contralateral to tissue injury. Molecular Pain 8: 78, 2012.
Lee J, Saloman JL, Weiland G, Auh QS, Chung M-K, and Ro JY. Functional interactions between NMDA receptors and TRPV1 in trigeminal sensory neurons mediate mechanical hyperalgesia in the rat masseter muscle. PAIN 153: 1514-1524, 2012.
Holman SD, Campbell-Malone R., Ding P., Gierbollini-Norat EM, Grifferon AM, Inokuchi H, Lukasik SL, German RZ; Development, reliability and validation of an infant mammalian penetration-aspiration scale. Dysphagia 2012 (in press).
Davoody L, Quiton RL, Lucas JM, Ji Y, Keller A, and Masri R. Conditioned Place Preference Reveals Tonic Pain in an Animal Model of Central Pain. The Journal of Pain 12: 868-874, 2011.
German RZ, Campbell-Malone R, Crompton AW, Ding P, Holman SD, Konow N, Thexton AJ: The concept of hyoid posture. Dysphagia 26: 97-98, 2011.
Niu K, Saloman JL, Zhang Y and Ro JY. Sex differences in the contribution of ATP-sensitive K+ channels in trigeminal ganglia under an acute muscle pain condition. Neuroscience 180: 344-352, 2011
Niu KY and Ro JY. Changes in intramuscular cytokine levels during masseter inflammation in male and female rats. Neuroscience Letters 487: 223-227. 2011
Saloman JL, Niu KY, and Ro JY. Activation of peripheral dela-opioid receptors leads to anti-hyperalgesic responses in the massater muscle of male and female rats. Neuroscience 190: 379-385, 2011.
AADR NSRG Officers
|Salar Sanjari, Dianna Zoche, Shaina Holman and Leelah|
Jaberi at the 2012 AADR meeting