Graduate Programs and Opportunities
Faculty in the University of Maryland School of Dentistry are affiliated with the Graduate School and the Graduate Program in Life Sciences at the University of Maryland, the Founding Campus. Applicants interested in the PhD programs should consult this site to inquire about program offerings and apply online.
Applicants to master's degree programs at the school of dentistry can read about them on this site.
If you are interested in being considered for combined degree programs at the school of dentistry, please complete one of our pre-application forms for either the DDS/PhD Program or the DDS/MSCR and DDS/MPH Program. For more information about these programs, please visit our DDS/PhD and DDS/Master's Program websites.
Why come to the University of Maryland School of Dentistry?
- A rich history - since its inception, the school of dentistry has enjoyed a reputation of leadership in dental education
- A strong research foundation, ranking high among dental schools in NIH research funding
- A broad base of training programs in addition to the DDS program - dental hygiene, advanced general dentistry and other postgraduate dental specialty programs, and research doctoral programs
- A strong relationship with the University of Maryland and its sister schools with overlapping programs
- A new, state-of-the-art facility with leading-edge learning technologies