We offer a full range of specialty clinics and services for patients with more complex dental needs, including patients referred to the University of Maryland School of Dentistry by a private dentist, In the Specialty Post-Doctoral Clinics, treatment is provided by dentists who have completed dental school and are receiving two to four additional years of training in dental specialties. Treatment services are provided under the supervision of faculty dentists.
Dental Services for Children and Adolescents:
- Comprehensive oral evaluation
- Assessment of risk for tooth decay
- Teeth cleaning
- Fluoride treatments
- Restorative treatment
- Space maintainers (to save space for adult teeth)
- Emergency dental care
- Sedation (if needed to help children relax)
- General anesthesia (if needed for more extensive dental treatment in a hospital setting)
- Prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of gum disease and the bone surrounding and supporting the teeth
- Surgical placement and long-term maintenance of dental implants
- A range of aesthetic services (periodontal plastic surgery) to address patient concerns, such as a "gummy" smile. an uneven gum appearance, or visible roots
- Fixed - restoration of natural teeth with crowns and replacement of missing teeth with fixed bridges or implants
- Removable - design and fabrication of complete, immediate and partial dentures to replace missing teeth and oral function, correction of TMJ disorders, congenital defects of the head and neck due to trauma or disease.
- Please call 410-706-7952 for information if you have a written referral from your dentist.
|Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery||410-706-4010|
- Surgical extraction of teeth and removal of diseased tissue
- Surgical treatment of injuries and developmental malformations of the mouth, jaws, and related facial structures.
- Please call 410-706-4010 to schedule a consultation appointment
- Braces for children, adolescents, and adults
- Alignment of teeth and treatment of problems related to growth and development of the face and jaws.