Eung-Kwon Pae, DDS, MSc, PhD
Eung-Kwon Pae, DDS, MSc, PhD, was appointed chairman of the Department of Orthodontics and Pediatric Dentistry on Feb. 26, 2012. He previously served as associate professor of orthodontics and director of the orthodontics residency training program at the UCLA School of Dentistry.
Dr. Pae, a native of South Korea, earned his DDS in 1980 from Yonsei University in Seoul, South Korea. He earned his MSc and PhD degrees from the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, Canada, in 1989 and 1993, respectively. Pae received a certificate in orthodontics from the University of Connecticut in 1995. He is a member of the International Association of Dental Research and the American Association of Orthodontists.
- Pae E. (2012) Response of masticatory muscles to passive stretch stimulus - from perspectives of functional appliances. Korean J. Orthodontics, 42(2): 64-72.
- Pae E, Yoon JS, Ahuja B, Lau G, Nguyen D, Kim Y and Harper R. (2011) Perinatal intermittent hypoxic insult altersy-aminobutyric acid-A receptor levels in the rat cerebellum. Inter J. Develop. Neurosci. 29(8): 819-26
- Mo SS, Lee JS, Jung YS, Moon YS, Pae E, Sung SJ. (2010) Morphological characteristics of the upper airway and pressure drop analysis using 3D CFD in OSA patients. Korean J. Orthod. 40(2): 66-76.
- Kim Y, McBride J, Kimlin L, Pae E, Deshpande A, Wong DT. (2009) Targeted Inactivation of p12Cdk2ap1, CDK2 Associating Protein leads to early embryonic lethality. PLos One 4(2):e4518.
- Pae E, Quas C, Quas J, Garrett N. (2008) Can facial type be used to predict changes in hyoid bone position with age? A perspective based on longitudinal data. Am J. Orthod. Dentofacial Orthop. 134(6):792-7.
- Oh J, Wang J, Poole M, Kim E, Davis R, Nishimura I, Pae E (2007). A genome segment on mouse Chromosome 12 determines maxillary growth. J. Dent. Res. 86(12): 1203-6.
- Pae E, Hyatt JP, Wu J, Chien P. (2007) Electrical stimulation at low frequency alters fiber type composition of the genioglossus muscle in rabbits. Arch. Oral Biol., 52(6):544-51.
- Sung SJ, Jeong SJ, Yu YS, Pae E. (2006) Customized three-dimensional computational fluid dynamics simulation of upper airway in obstructive sleep apnea patient. Angle Orthod. 76:791-9.
- Pae E, Chien P, Harper R. (2005) Intermittent hypoxia damages cerebellar cortex and deep nuclei. Neuroscience Letters, 375: 123-8.
- Blasius J, Pae E. (2005) Work pattern differences between male and female orthodontists. Am. J. Orthod. Dentofac. Orthop., 128:283-91.
- Pae E, Wu J, Nguyen D, Monti R, Harper R. (2005) Geniohyoid muscle properties and myosin heavy chain composition are altered after short-term intermittent hypoxic exposure. J. Appl. Physiol. 98: 889-94.
The University of Maryland, Baltimore is the founding campus of the University System of Maryland.
620 W. Lexington St., Baltimore, MD 21201 | 410-706-3100
© 2012-2013 University of Maryland, Baltimore. All rights reserved.