What the Ombudsperson Cannot Do
Confidential. Neutral. Informal. Independent.
The ombudsperson does not:
- Serve as an advocate for any person or group
- Testify or participate in formal procedures
- File formal complaints or investigate concerns
- Guide visitors in a particular direction
- Give legal advice
- Take formal complaints
- Serve as an agent of notice for the University
- Establish, change, or waive policies
- Offer psychological counseling
- Keep written records after a consultation is completed
Important note: The ombudsperson is not authorized to accept notice of claims against the University.