Dental Implants: Diagnosis, Treatment Planning with Clinical Cases
Dr. David Mazza
To familiarize the senior dental student with principles of implant treatments, treatment planning and walk them through actual clinical cases from start to finish. Hands-on Simplant software treatment planning would be performed.
- Introduction to implants and is biological considerations.
- Treatment planning of implant cases utilizing CT scan, Simplant software (hands-on participation)
- Case selection (medical, masticatory musculature dynamics), prosthetic work-ups for implant cases
- Single unit implant, implant bridge and full arch, full mouth reconstruction plus implant supported over-denture protocols.
- Implant protected occlusion
- Progressive load of dental implants
- Troubleshooting of common dental implant problems
- Reviewing several clinical cases and walking the students through actual cases from start to finish
Friday, 4/11/14 from 1-5 p.m. in room G310
Friday, 4/18/14 from 1-5 p.m. in room G310