|Office of Institutional Advancement|
Thank you for your interest in applying for a University of Maryland School of Dentistry Scholarship.
Our scholarship application period is currently open. The application period will remain open until Sept. 23, 2014. Please fill out thescholarship application and submit with attachments by Sept. 23, 2014. No late applications will be accepted.
Applicants may submit one application for multiple scholarships. Please note the scholarships you are applying for on your application. Students applying for a need-based scholarships must include their FAFSA with the application. Students applying for specialty scholarships should include information about the specialty in their essay.
For questions, please contact Jessica Schmidt-Bonifant at email@example.com or 410-706-4298.
Need-Based scholarships are awarded based on financial need, applicants must submit FASFA with application.
- Gaylord Scholarship Fund
- School of Dentistry General Scholarship Fund
- Russell Gigliotti Memorial Student Scholarship Fund
- Dr. Charles W. Hennesey Scholarship Fund - Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 to qualify
- Howard Van Natta Memorial Scholarship Fund - Applicants must be a first-year student
- Dr. Henry S. Hohouser Memorial Scholarship
- Dr. A.P. Lazaukas Endowed Scholarship Fund
- Dr. Joseph Anthony Pennino Memorial Scholarship
- Dr. Elizabeth S. and Dr. William Powell Endowment Fund
- Myron and Bernice Sachs Scholarship Fund
- Dennis Thome Memorial Scholarship Endowment- Applicants must be a Maryland resident to qualify
- Frank L. and Anne E. Iber Endowment- Applicants must be married
- Student National Dental Association Freeman-King Scholarship Fund - Applicants must be a first-year student, have a record of leadership and must express an interest in practicing dentistry in historically underserved communities
- Charles Hennesey Scholarship Fund
Applicants must meet requirements to be considered
- Dr. John A. Nespeca Scholarship Endowment - Applicants must be fourth-year students interested in oral surgery
- Dr. Stanley E. Block, Dr. Phillip L. Block, and Dr. Joanne Block Rief Endowed Scholarship Fund - Applicants must be a Maryland resident
- Christian Ludwig Memorial Scholarship Fund - Applicants must be fourth-year students with demonstrated interest and achievement in periodontics and demonstrate a complete love of life
- Dr. D. Vincent Provenca Graduate Assistance Scholarship Fund - Applicants must be graduate students in the department of anatomy
- Dr. William M. Reed Scholarship Fund for Residents of the State of Delaware - Applicants must be from the state of Delaware
- Ronald M. Starr Family Scholarship Fund - Applicants must be in their third or fourth year
- Dr. Tony Michael Ponti Memorial Scholarship Fund - Applicants must be enrolled in the postgraduate endodontic residency program
- Van Thompson Fellowship in Dental Materials - Applicants must demonstrate a strong background in research and have time available to pursue academic research in the area of dental biomaterials
- Fusion Dental Group Scholarship Endowment - Applicants must be a third- or fourth-year student who displays the attributes of a professional capable of entering a dental group practice, specifically teamwork skills, clinical excellence and leadership
- Baltimore Chapter, Alpha Omega International Dental Fraternity Scholarship Endowment - Applicants must be a fourth-year student who has demonstrated outstanding academic achievement and a commitment to community service
- Dr. Meyer Eggnatz Memorial Scholarship Endowment - Applicants must be enrolled in the orthodontic postgraduate program
- Maurice Rubenstein Memorial Fellowship - Applicants must be involved in research
Are you interested in creating a named scholarship fund? Please contact Jessica Schmidt-Bonifant at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-706-4298 for more information.