The University of Maryland Dental School offers a two year fellowship program in pediatric dentistry. The purpose of the program is to provide additional training to Pediatric Dentists and place them in urban and rural public health clinics throughout Maryland to provide comprehensive clinical dental care to underserved children.
Fellows spend 3-4 days a week providing clinical dental services. Additional days are set aside for teaching and research activities at the University of Maryland Dental School. Programs can be tailored to fit individual interests.
Strengths of the Program:
- Oral health care services for underserved young children & children with special needs
- Opportunity to treat children in hospital operating room facilities
- Diverse population of pediatric patients provides opportunities for fellows to experience all aspects of pediatric dentistry
- Provide oral health care services for Head Start children
- Only program where graduates of non-US and non-Canadian dental schools are eligible for full dental licensure in Maryland
- Salary ranges from $42,000 to $55,752 a year depending upon number of clinical work days
- Become a faculty member of the University of Maryland Dental School with full benefits
- Proximity to Washington, D.C. and other metropolitan areas
Completion of an ADA-approved 2 year U.S Pediatric Dental Residency Program is required.
Dental degree from approved U.S. or foreign dental school.
If you are interested in applying for the University of Maryland Dental School Fellowship program, send a curriculum vitae and cover letter as soon as possible to Harold S Goodman, DMD, MPH, Director, Pediatric Fellowship Program.