Mark (Zhi-Qing) Ma, Ph.D
Research Assistant Professor
|Oncology and Diagnostic Sciences|
My primary research is focused on developing experimental models for head and neck cancer and lung cancer using transgenic/ knockout technology as well as primary transplantation. Potential prognostic biomarkers and therapeutic targets are being evaluated in these model systems in aim to provide experimental evidence for optimization of targeted therapeutic regimen in clinical cancer therapy.
1. ZQ Ma, S Chua, FJ DeMayo and SY Tsai: Induction of mammary gland preneoplasia in transgenic mice over-expressing human cdc25B. Oncogene 18:4564-4576, 1999.
2. ZQ Ma, Z Liu, Ngan ES and SY Tsai: Cdc25B functions as a novel coactivator for the steroid receptors. Molecular and Cellular Biology 21(23):8056-67, 2001.
3. S Chua, ZQ Ma, FJ DeMayo and SY Tsai: Ectopic expression of FGF-3 results in abnormal prostate and Wolffian duct development. Oncogene 21(12):1899-908, 2002.
4. Ngan ES, Ma ZQ, Chua SS, DeMayo FJ, Tsai SY: Inducible expression of FGF-3 in mouse mammary gland. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 99(17):11187-92, 2002.
5. Ngan ES, Hashimoto Y, Ma ZQ, Tsai MJ, Tsai SY: Overexpression of Cdc25B, an androgen receptor coactivator, in prostate cancer. Oncogene 22(5):734-9, 2003.
6. Ray D, Terao Y, Fuhrken PG, Ma ZQ, DeMayo FJ, Christov K, Heerema NA, Franks R, Tsai SY, Papoutsakis ET, Kiyokawa H. Deregulated CDC25A expression promotes mammary tumorigenesis with genomic instability. Cancer Res. 2007 Feb 1; 67(3):984-91.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- Medical Degree: University of Milan
- Fellowship: Baylor College of Medicine