Norman F Capra, PhD, MS
|Neural & Pain Sciences|
- Lever TE, Simon E, Cox KT, Capra NF, O'Brien KF, Hough MS, Murashov AK. A Mouse Model of Pharyngeal Dysphagia in Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis. Dysphagia. 25: 112-126. 2010 PMID: 19495873.
- Lever TE, Gorsek A, Cox KT, O'Brien KF, Capra NF, Hough MS, Murashov AK. An Animal Model of Oral Dysphagia in Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis. Dysphagia. 24: 280-295, 2009.
- Ro,J.Y., Lee, J.,Capra, N.F., and Zhang Y. Role of Soluble Guanylate Cyclase in the Trigeminal Subnucleus Caudalis in Capsaicin-Induced Muscle Hypersensitivity. Brain Res. 1184:141-148, 2007.
- Capra, N.F., Masri, R.M. and Hisley, CK. The Influence of Pain on Masseter Spindle Afferent Discharge. Arch Oral Biol. 52: 387-390, 2007. PMCID: PMC1868482
- Ro, JY, Capra, NF, Lee, JY, Masri, R, and Chun, YH Hypertonic saline-induced muscle nociception and c-Fos like immunoreactivity in rat brainstem neurons are partially mediated by peripheral NMDA receptors. European J. of Pain, 11: 398-405, 2006.
- Capra, N.F. and Ro, J.Y. Human and animal experimental models of acute and chronic muscle pain: Intramuscular algesic injection, Topical Review, 110, 3-7, Pain, 2004.
- Ro, J.Y., Capra, N.F., and Masri Contribution of peripheral N-Methyl-D- Aspartate receptors on c-fos expression in the trigeminal spinal nucleus following acute masseteric inflammation,Neuroscience, 123: 213-219, 2004.
- Ro,J.Y., Capra N, Masri,R. Development of a behavioral assessment of craniofacial muscle pain in lightly anesthetized rats, Pain 104:179-185, 2003.
- Ro,J.Y. ,Harriott, A., Crouse,U., and Capra, Norman F. Innocuous jaw movements increase c-fos expression in trigeminal sensory uclei produced by masseter muscle inflammation, Pain, 104:539-548, 2003.
- Ro,J.Y., Svensson,P and N Capra Effects of experimental muscle pain on electromyographic activity of masticatory muscles in anesthetized rats, Muscle Nerve 25:576-84, 2002.
- Ro, J.Y. and Capra, N.F. Modulation of jaw muscle spindle afferent activity following intramuscular injections with hypertonic saline, Pain, 92:117-127, 2001.
- Schumacher, M.A., Jong, B.E., Frey S.L., Sudanagunta, S.P., Capra, N.F., Levine, J.D. The stretch-inactivated channel, a vanilloid receptor variant, is expressed in small-diameter sensory neurons in the rat.Neurosci Lett. 287:215-18,2000.
- Capra, N.F. and Ro, J.Y. Experimental muscle pain produces central modulation of proprioceptive signals arising from jaw muscle spindles. Pain 86:151-162,2000.
- Ro, J.Y. and Capra, N.F. Evidence for subnucleus interpolaris in craniofacial muscle pain mechanisms demonstrated by intramuscular injections with hypertonic saline. Brain Res. 842: 166-183, 1999.
- Ro, J.Y. and Capra, N.F. Physiological evidence for caudal brainstem projections of jaw muscle spindle afferents. Exp. Brain Res. 128:425-434, 1999.