|Department of Endodontics, Prosthodontics and Operative Dentistry|
Published Manuscripts: 2011 - 2012
- Gong, SQ, Niu L-N, Kemp LK, Yiu CKY, Ryou H, Qi Y-P, Blizzard JD, Nikonov S, Brackett MG, Hayes T, Messer RLW, Wu CD, Brister BL, Rueggeberg FA, Arola DD, Pashley DH, Tay FR. Quaternary ammonium silane-functionalized, methacrylate resin composition with antimicrobial activities and self-repair potential. Acta Biomaterialia 2012 (in press); PMID: 22659173.
- Ivancik J, Majd H, Bajaj D, Romberg E and Arola D. Contributions of aging to the fatigue crack growth resistance of human dentin. Acta Biomaterialia 2012 (in press); PMID: 22484693.
- Gill J, Arola D, Fouad AF, Zhu L. Design of LASER treatment protocols for bacterial disinfection in root canals using theoretical modeling and microCT imaging. ASME Journal of Thermal Science and Engineering Applications 2012 (in press).
- Arola D, Ivancik J, Majd H, Bajaj D, Zhang X, Fouad AF. On the microstructure and mechanical behavior of radicular and coronal dentin. Endodontic Topics 2012 (in press).
- An B, Wang R, Arola D, Zhang D. The role of property gradients on the mechanical behavior of human enamel. Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials 2012;9:63-72.
- Wang R-R, Mao S-S, Romberg E, Arola D and Zhang D. Importance of aging to dehydration shrinkage of human dentin. Applied Mathematics and Mechanics 2012; 33(3): 333-344.
- Niu L-N, Qi Y-P, Yiu CKY, Ryou H, Arola D, Jiao K, Chen J-H, Breschi L, Pashley DH, Tay FR Infiltration of silica inside fibrillar collagen. Angewandte Chemie 2012; 123(49): 11892-11895.
- Sadasivam B and Arola D. An examination of abrasive waterjet peening with elastic prestress and the effects of boundary conditions. Machining Science and Technology, 2012; 16(1): 71-95.
- Garrano AMC, La Rosa G, Zhang D, Tay FR, Niu L, Majd J and Arola D. On the mechanical behavior of scales from Cyprinus Carpio. Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials 2012; 7: 17-29.
- Ryou H, Pashley DH, Tay FR, Arola D. Nanoscopic dynamical mechanical properties of intertubular and peritubular dentin. Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials 2012; 7: 3-16
- Li N, Niu L-N, Qi Y-P, Yiu CKY, Ryou H, Arola DD,Chen J-H, Pashley DH,Tay FR. Subtleties of biomineralisation revealed by manipulation of the eggshell membrane. Biomaterials 2011; 32: 8743-8752.
What Every Dentist Should Know About Bis-Phenol A. LaBauve MS, Lomg K, Hack GD, Bashirelahi N. Journal of General Dentistry (Accepted ).
- Electromyographic Activity of the Sphenomandibularis and Lateral Pterygoid Human Muscles During Lateral Movements. Fuentes EH, Frugone R, Paolinelli C, Hack GD, Bittner V. Minerva Stomatologica. (Accepted).
- Hospital & Surgicenter Dental Care: Access to Care. Levy H, Hack, GD. Dentistry Today (Accepted).
- In-Vitro Evaluation of the iTero Digital Impression System: A cooperative Alliance between the Dental School, University of Maryland, Baltimore and the ADA Professional Product Review. Hack, GD, Barnes D, Depaola, L. American Dental Association’s Professional Product Review (A Publication of the Council on Scientific Affairs). Supplement to the Journal of the American Dental Association. Spring/April, Volume 6, Issue 2, pp. 6-10, 2011.
- New Teaching Concepts in Dental Universities. Hack, GD. Planmeca Forum. 1/2011, p.7-9.
- Human Paranasal Sinuses and Selective Brain Cooling: A Ventilation System Activated by Yawning. Gallup AC, Hack GD. Medical Hypothesis Volume 77, Issue 6, Pages 970-973 (December 2011)
- Tetracalcium Phosphate Composite Containing Quaternary Ammonium Dimethacrylate with Antibacterial Properties. Lei Cheng, Michael D. Weir, Penwadee Limkangwalmongkol, Gary D. Hack, Hockin H. K. Xu1, Qianming Chen, Xuedong Zhou. Journal of Biomaterials Research: Part B – Applied Research. December 21, 2011.
- What Every Dentist Should Know About BPA. LaBauve J, Long K, Hack GD, Bashirelahi N.
General Dentistry (Accepted for Publication).
- The Sphenomandibularis Muscle: The Controversy Continues. Hack GD. Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. 2011 Dec; 69(12):2947-8.