|Department of Endodontics, Prosthodontics and Operative Dentistry|
Grants: 2008 - 2009
National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research
- (2009–2014)(NIH R01 DE14190). “Injectable and Strong Nano-Apatite/Stem Cell Scaffolds for Bone Regeneration.. PI: Huakun Xu.
- (2008 -2012)(NIH R01 DE17974). “Development of High Performance, Caries-Inhibiting Dental Nano-Materials.. PI: Huakun Xu.
- (2005-2010)(R01-DE015320-01A1) Primary and Therapy-Resistant Endodontic Infections. P.I. A. Fouad.
- (2003 -2009)(NIH R01 DE14190). “Development of Strong and Macroporous Biomaterials. PI: Huakun Xu.
American Association of Endodontists Foundation
- (2008-2010): The effects of bisphosphonate treatment on the prevalence and pathogenesis of endodontic pathosis. P.I. A. Fouad on Grant submitted by postgraduate student Felicity Shelton.
- (2008-2009): The Effect of Endodontic Instrumentation Techniques on Post-Operative Local and Systemic Responses. P.I. A. Fouad on Grant submitted by postgraduate student Yelena Kholodenko.
- (2008-2009): Comparison of Bupivacaine vs. Lidocaine on Pain and Inflammatory Regulation Following Endodontic Surgery: a Double-Blind, Randomized, Controlled Clinical Trial. P.I. A. Fouad on Grant submitted by postgraduate student Anastasia Mischenko and faculty member Sharon Gordon.
- (2008-2010): Penetration of systemic antibiotics into necrotic pulp space. P.I. A. Fouad on Grant submitted by postgraduate student Maheeb Jaouni.
- (2007-2009): The relationship between chronic endodontic infection and the progression of systemic disease in a mouse model. P.I. A. Fouad on Grant submitted by postgraduate student Jessica Russo.
Maryland Stem Cell Research Commission
- (2008 –2010). "Stem Cell Delivery via Injectable, Nano-Apatite Scaffolds for Bone Engineering. PI: Huakun Xu.