|Department of Endodontics, Prosthodontics and Operative Dentistry|
Grants: 2005 - 2006
- Primary and Therapy-Resistant Endodontic Infections. National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research-NIH (R01-DE015320-01A1)(2005-2009) Fouad, AF Principal Investigator.
- American College of Prosthodontics/Proctor and Gamble “The Change in Retentive Values of Locator Attachments and Hader Clips Over Time” 2005-2007 Driscoll, CF Co-investigator
- Comparison of Electric and Air Driven Handpieces on the Sectioning of Various Restorative Materials, 2005-2006. American Academy of Fixed Prosthodontics (Tylman Grant). Driscoll, CF Principal Investigator
- Radiographic Evaluation of All Ceramic Margins, 2005-2006, American Academy of Fixed Prosthodontics (Tylman Grant). Driscoll, CF Principal Investigator
- Pulp tissue engineering GT.-J. Huang (P.I.), Songtao Shi, Bruce Rutherford Funding agent: American Association of Endodontists Foundation. 2006-2007
- A novel herpesviral vector for oral gene delivery Hongyu Deng, GT.-J. Huang PHS/NIDCR (National Institute of Dental Craniofacial Research)Type: K22 (2004-2009)
- Clinical Evaluation of Tagatose Using a Four-Day Plaque Regrowth Model Phase I. BioSpherix, Principal Investigator, (February 2005 – March 2006). completed Litkowski, LJ
- Evaluation of Remina Technology for the Stabilization and Remineralization of Teeth, Oramin, Inc. Principal Investigator, (February 2005 – February 2006). Deferred to Fall 2006, Litkowski, LJ
- Comparison of Oxycodone/Ibuprofen Combination to Oxycodone/Aspirin and Hydrocodone/acetaminaphen for the Reduction of Post-extraction Pain. Forest Laboratories, Principal Investigator, (March 2004 – December 2005). completed, Litkowski, LJ
- Long Term Open Label Multicenter Phase III Trial of Safety and Efficacy of Minocycline Periodontal Therapeutic System (Minocycline PTS) Adjunctive use in Patients with Adult Periodontitis, OraPharma, Inc. Co-Investigator, (January 2004 – January 2006). completed, Litkowski, LJ
- Surface Characteristics of Tooth Enamel Chips: in situ Study, Church & Dwight Company, Principal Investigator (December 2002 – December 2005) Extended with increase in funding December 2006, Litkowski, LJ
- Clinical Evaluation of Naturlose in a Six Month Gingivitis Trial BioSpherix, Principal Investigator, (March 2006 – December 2007). Litkowski, LJ
- Clinical Evaluation of Periocline in patients with moderate to severe Periodontitis, Sunstar- Butler, Principal Investigator, (July 2005 – December 2007). Litkowski, LJ
- Clinical Outcomes of splinted and Individual 8 mm Implant restorations following Immediate or delayed loading in the posterior mandible, 2006-415. Nobel Biocare. Armellini, DB
- Are endodontic infections involved in the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis? American Association of Endodontists Foundation. R. Mirchandani, A. Fouad
- An In Vitro Investigation of the Influence of Age, Root Morphology, Dentin Thickness and Tubular Orientation on the Incidence Vertical Root Fractures. American Association of Endodontists Foundation. A. Mireku, A. Fouad, D. Arola
- Mechanotransducers in Human Pulpal Afferents. American Association of Endodontists Foundation. J. Melamed, A. Fouad, M. Gold
- “CAREER: Aging, Tooth Fracture and the success of Restorative Dentistry” National Science Foundation (NSF), P.I., Arola, D.
- “Development of Apatite Jet Treatments for Human Enamel: A New Tool for General Dentistry”, Technology Development Corporation (TEDCO), Maryland, P.I., Arola, D.
- “Acquisition of a Nanoindenter for Exploratory Research on Biological and Engineering Materials”, National Science Foundation: Major Research Instrumentation, P.I. (co-PIs D. Bennet, R. Ma, L.D.T. Topoleski, M. Zupan), Arola, D.