|Department of Endodontics, Prosthodontics and Operative Dentistry|
Abstracts: 2011 - 2012
- Yahyazadehfar M and Arola D. The importance of decussation on the crack growth resistance of enamel. Presented in the 141st Annual Meeting and Exhibition of The Minerals, Metals and Materials Society (TMS), Orlando FLA, March 11-15, 2012.
- Viray J and Arola D. Residual stresses in bone resulting from surface treatments. Presented in the 141st Annual Meeting and Exhibition of The Minerals, Metals and Materials Society (TMS), Orlando FLA, March 11-15, 2012.
- Rivera C, Arola D, Ossa A. Self healing characteristics of human enamel. Presented in the 141st Annual Meeting and Exhibition of The Minerals, Metals and Materials Society (TMS), Orlando FLA, March 11-15, 2012.
- Majd H, Romberg E and Arola D. Fatigue behavior of coronal dentin after bur preparation. Presented in the 41st Annual Meeting and Exhibition of the AADR, Tampa FLA, March 21-24, 2012, Abstract No. 1098.
- Orrego S and Arola D. Erosion of dentin resulting from cyclic stress and pH challenges. Presented in the 41st Annual Meeting and Exhibition of the AADR, Tampa FLA, March 21-24, 2012, Abstract No. 1096.
2012 Damghani S; Masri RM; Driscoll CF; Romberg, E:. The effect of number and distribution of maxillary implants on the load transfer in implant-retained maxillary overdentures: an in vitro study zone. J Prosthet Dent; 107: 358-365.
- 2012 Tan, KM; Masri, RM; Driscoll, CF; Limkangwolmongkol, P; Romberg, E: Effect of Axial Wall Modification on the Retention of Cement-Retained, Implant Supported Crowns. J Prosthet Dent; 107: 80-85.
- Paranasal Sinuses and Selective Brain Cooling: Is There a Connection? Hack GD, Gallup AC (Princeton University). International Association of Dental Research. San Diego, Ca. March 16-19, 2011.
- Sphenomandibularis Muscle Tenotomy: A New Treatment for Trigeminal Neuropathic Pain. Fuentes EH (University of Chile), Hack GD. International Association of Dental Research. San Diego, Ca. March 16-19, 2011.
- Does Haptic Technology Have a Place in Dental Education? An Interprofesssional Approach. Hack GD, Levine E, Gilliam J, Trotman CA. American Association of Dental Education. San Diego, Ca. March 12-15, 2011.
- Glass Particle-Reinforced Calcium Phosphate-Composite with High Strength and Caries Inhibition Capability. Limkangwalmongkol P, Hack GD, Moreau JL, Xu H. IADR. Barcelona, Spain.
- Chairside CAD/CAM Technology: The Challenge of Integrating New Technologies into the Dental Curriculum. Hack GD, Weinstein G, Siegel S. ADEA Annual Meeting. Orland, Florida.
- Effects of Tigecycline on Tooth Color. IADR: Gupta S, Hack GD, Fouad A. American Association of Dental Research Annual Meeting Tampa, Florida.
- Curriculum Enhancement: The Positive Influence on Clinic Production and Student Attitudes. Levine E, Hack GD. American Association of Dental Education Annual Session. Orlando, Florida.
- Using Biomaterial Investigative Skills to Assist in the Clinical Decision Making Process. Levine, E, Hack G, Prymas S. J Dent Education 2011;75(2): #117.
- Chen W, Zhou H, Tang M, Weir MD, Bao C, Xu HHK. Macroporous gas-foaming calcium phosphate cement encapsulation of human umbilical cord stem cells. Tissue Engineering A (2011, accepted for publication).
- Cheng L, Weir MD, Limkangwalmongkol P, Hack GD, Xu HHK, Chen QM, Zhou XD. Tetracalcium phosphate composite containing quaternary ammonium dimethacrylate with antibacterial properties. J Biomed Mater Res B (2011, accepted for publication).
- Thein-Han WW, Xu HHK. Collagen-calcium phosphate cement scaffolds seeded with umbilical cord stem cells for bone tissue engineering. Tissue Eng A (2011, accepted for publication).
- Tang M, Weir MD, Xu HHK. Mannitol-containing macroporous calcium phosphate cement encapsulating human umbilical cord stem cells. JournalofTissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine (2011, accepted for publication).
- Zhou H, Weir MD, Xu HHK. Effect of cell seeding density on proliferation and osteodifferentiation of umbilical cord stem cells on calcium phosphate cement-fiber scaffold. Tissue Eng Part A 2011;17: 2603-2613.
- Bao C, Chen W, Weir MD, Thein-Han W, Xu HHK. Effects of electrospun submicron fibers in calcium phosphate cement scaffold on mechanical properties and osteogenic differentiation of umbilical cord stem cells. Acta Biomaterialia 2011;7:4037-4044.
- Moreau JL, Sun L, Chow LC, Xu HHK. Mechanical and acid neutralizing properties and inhibition of bacterial growth of amorphous calcium phosphate dental nanocomposite. J Biomed Mater Res Part B 2011;98: 80–88.
- Zhou H, Xu HHK. The fast release of stem cells from alginate-fibrin microbeads in injectable scaffolds for bone tissue engineering. Biomaterials 2011;32:7503-7513.
- Zhao L, Tang M, Weir MD, Detamore MS, Xu HHK. Osteogenic media and rhBMP-2 induced differentiation of umbilical cord mesenchymal stem cells encapsulated in alginate microbeads and integrated in an injectable calcium phosphate-chitosan fibrous scaffold. Tissue Engineering Part A 2011;17:969-979.
- Xu HHK, Moreau JL, Sun L, Chow LC. Nanocomposite containing amorphous calcium phosphate nanoparticles for caries inhibition. Dent Mater 2011;27:762-769