EPOD Scholarship Activity 2012-2013
Books and Book Chapters
- Masri R, Keller A. Chronic pain following spinal cord injury. In: Regenerative biology of the spine and spinal cord. Ed: Jandial R, Chen MY. Landes Bioscience.
Peer Reviewed Publications
- Faraone KL, Garrett PH, Romberg E. A blended learning approach to teaching pre-clinical complete denture prosthodontics. Eur J Dent Educ. 2013 Feb;17(1):e22-e27.
- Whitt JL, Masri R, Pulimood NS, Keller A. Pathological Activity in Mediodorsal Thalamus of Rats with Spinal Cord Injury Pain. J Neurosci. 33:3915-26.
- Cha M, Ji Y, Masri R*. Analgesic Mechanisms of Motor Cortex Stimulation in an Animal Model of Spinal Cord Injury Pain. J Pain. 14:260-9.
- Masri R*, Keller A. Chronic pain following spinal cord injury. Adv Exp Med Biol. 760:74-88.
- Xu S, Ji Y, Chen X, Yang Y, Gullapalli RP, Masri R*. In Vivo High-Resolution Localized (1) H MR Spectroscopy in the Awake Rat Brain at 7 T. Magn Reson Med. 69:937-43.
- Seminowicz DA, Jiang L, Ji Y, Xu S, Gullapalli RP, Masri R*. Thalamocortical Asynchrony in Conditions of Spinal Cord Injury Pain in Rats. J Neurosci. 32:15843-8.
- Damghani S, Masri R*, Driscoll CF, Romberg E. The Effect of Number and Distribution of Unsplinted Maxillary Implants on the Load Transfer in Implant-Retained Maxillary Overdentures: An In Vitro Study. J Prosthet Dent. 107:358-65.
- Tan KM, Masri R*, Driscoll CF, Limkangwalmongkol P, Romberg E. Effect of Axial Wall Modification on the Retention of Cement-Retained, Implant-Supported Crowns. J Prosthet Dent. 107:80-5.
- Masri, R. "Occlusion: Theories, Implications and Patient Treatment," The Jordanian Society of Conservative Dentistry. Amman, Jordan, 2012.
- Masri, R. "Thinking Outside the Box: Implants for the Hearing Impaired?" The Boucher Conference. Columbus, OH, 2012.
- Masri, R. "Complex Rehabilitation of Patients with Dento-Alveolar Defects," University of Iowa, IA, 2012.
- Masri, R. Posterior Thalamus: A Role in Pain Processing. American Dental Association. 2012. San Francisco, California.
- Prolonged Analgesic Effects of Motor Cortex Stimulation in an Animal Model of Spinal Cord Injury Pain. Society for Neuroscience Meeting. 2012. New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Mechanisms of Pain Relief Following Motor Cortex Stimulation in an Animal Model of Spinal Cord Injury Pain.Society for Neuroscience Meeting. 2012. New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Thalamocortical Asynchrony in Conditions of Spinal Cord Injury Pain. International Association for the Study of Pain. 2012. Milan, Italy.
- Mediodorsal Thalamus: Response Properties in Normal and Spinal Cord Injured Rats. International Association for the Study of Pain. 2012. Milan, Italy.
- Keller A, Masri R, Quiton R. Methods for Treating Central Pain Syndrome and Other Pain Related Pathologies. US Patent: US 8,396,558 B2.
- Masri R, Depireux D, Shapiro B. Methods for Tooth Pulp Treatment. Provisional US patent. UMB Docket No. RM-2013-034.
- "Motor Cortex Stimulation Reverses Maladaptive Plasticity Following Spinal Cord Injury," NIH National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (1R01-NS069568), Radi Masri, PI.
- "Motor Cortex Stimulation Reverses Maladaptive Plasticity Following Spinal Cord Injury," Department of Defense Research Grant (SC090126), Radi Masri, PI.