EPOD Scholarship Activity 2012-2013
Books and Book Chapters
- Gallup AC, Hack GD. “Human Paranasal Sinuses and Selective Brain Cooling: A Ventilation System Activated by Yawning”. Chapter in forth coming book titled, "Paranasal Sinuses: Anatomy, Development and Biological Functions. Nova Science Publishers, Inc. 2013.
- Hack GD, Bloom I. “Digital Impressions”. Chapter in forth coming book titled, Digital Dentistry. Wiley-Blackwell Publishers. 2013.
- Williams, J., & Williams, D. (2011). Disasters: Nature and human architects. In P. Crane, (Ed). Forensic nursing: Evidence-based practice and principles Philadelphia, PA: F. A. Davis.
- Williams, J. Primeau, A., Thimsen, K., Williams, D., & Anderson, J. (2011). Elder abuse. In P. Crane (Ed). Forensic nursing: Evidence-based practice and principles. Philadelphia, PA: F.A. Davis
Peer Reviewed Publications
- Hack GD. “Does Botox Belong in the Dental Office”. American Dental Association’s Professional Product Review. 2013. In Press.
Abstracts and Presentations
- Hack, GD, Blenko J, Grissom, T. ADEA Poster. “Medical Crises Simulation: Inter-Professional Innovation and Assessment”. ADEA 2013 Annual Meeting, Seattle, Washington.
- Chand P, Hack GD, Fouad, A. ADEA Poster. “Introduction of Surgical Operating Microscopes in the Preclinical Endodontic Course”. ADEA 2013 Annual Meeting, Seattle, Washington.
- Levine E, Hack, GD: ADEA TechExpo. “Computer Assisted Evaluation for Preclinical Dental Education”. ADEA 2013 Annual Session, Seattle, Washington.
- Levine, E, Hack, GD. “Investigating The Benefit of Evaluating Student Tooth Preparations using CAD/CAM Technology”. American Academy of Fixed Prosthodontics Annual Meeting Poster Presentation. Chicago, Illinois.
- Levine E, Hack, GD. IADR – “Investigating the Evaluation of Student Tooth Preparations Using CAD/CAM Technology. Poster Discussion Session. Seattle, Washington.
- Williams, D. “A Multi-disciplinary Approach to a Mass Fatality Incident “, World Association of Disaster and Emergency Medicine, Leesburg, VA
- Williams, D. "Fires in Social Settings: An examination of Prevention Strategies" accepted by World Association of Disaster and Emergency Medicine for presentation in May, 2013 Manchester, England.
- Williams, D. “Identification of the Acute Bite Mark” International Association of Forensic Nurses, Maryland/DC chapter, Baltimore, MD.
- Williams, D. “An inter disciplinary approach to reducing dental visits to an emergency department” American Dental Education Association, March 2013, Seattle WA.
- Patzelt SBM, Hack GD. “Accuracy of Intra-Oral Scanners: A Comparative Study”. ADA Foundation Grant.
- Hack GD – Principle Investigator. “Scanning Electron Microscopic Evaluation of Cavity Varnishes”. Centrix Dental Inc.