|Marion C. Manski, RDH, MS||Dental Hygiene|
Marion C. Manski, RDH, MS, Director of the Dental Hygiene Program, earned her Certificate and Associate's Degree in 1983 from The Forsyth School for Dental Hygienists and Northeastern University in Boston Massachusetts. She earned her Bachelor of Science Degree in Dental Hygiene at the University of Maryland, Baltimore College of Dental Surgery in 1988. Ms. Manski also graduated from the University of Maryland Graduate School (UMB) with a Master of Science degree in 2004. Her thesis was "Early Childhood Caries, Knowledge, Attitudes and Practice Behaviors of Maryland Dental Hygienists". In 2006, Ms. Manski became certified in the administration of Local Anesthesia (CT). Marion has extensively practiced clinical dental hygiene for over 25 years. Her area of interest was pediatric dental hygiene and she focused specifically on caries prevention and nutritional education in practice. Marion has also enjoyed general practice where she handled a soft tissue management program.
Ms. Manski is a Dental School Assistant Professor and serves as the Director of the Program and Director of Admissions and Recruitment for the Dental Hygiene Program. As such, she is involved in administration, curriculum academic advising and recruiting prospective students. She teaches pre-clinical, and clinical instruction to the junior class. Marion is also involved in senior clinic. Her didactic classes, Perspectives in Dental Hygiene and Health Care Management, are taught to dental hygiene seniors and degree completion students. She has also taught the introductory class to degree completion students Seminar in Dental Hygiene I. She is also involved in the research seminar and case research papers for students. Ms. Manski participates in research as part of her academic duties.
Ms. Manski is the coordinator of the local anesthesia curriculum for dental hygiene students and teaches the continuing education certification course to licensed dental hygienists. Marion serves on various committees relating to dental hygiene and serves as an advisor to both junior and senior students. She was honored by her students with an Excellence in teaching award in 2005. She was also honored by her students as the Teacher of the Year in 2008. She was honored by her peers with the Maryland Dental Hygienists' Association Symbol of Excellence Award in 2013.
She is an active member of the American Dental Hygienists' Association, the American Dental Education Association, Sigma Phi Alpha Honor Society and the Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society, he Maryland Dental Action Coalition. Her research interests are Early Childhood Caries, nutrition, caries prevention and local anesthesia.
- Director, Dental Hygiene
- Director of Admissions and Recruitment
- Assistant Professor
- Chair, UMSOD Dental Hygiene Progression Committee
- Chair, UMSOD Dental Hygiene Admissions Committee
- Member, UMSOD Dental Hygiene Scholarship Committee
- Member, American Dental Hygienists' Association
- Member, American Dental Education Association
- Member, American Dental Education Association DHCAS Task Force
- Member, Maryland Dental Action Coalition
- Past President Maryland Dental Hygienists' Association
- Delegate, American Dental Education Association
- Delegate, American Dental Hygienists' Assocation
- Delegate, Maryland Dental Hygienists' Association (MDHA)
- Member, MDHA Legislative, Planning Committee
- Project Coordinator, Maryland Oral Health Plan
- Course Director; Local Anesthesia for the RDH
- Member; Phi Sigma Alpha
- Member, Phi Kappa Phi
- DHYG 412 Perspectives of Dental Hygiene Practice
- DHYG 427 Health Care Management
- DHYG 416 Introduction to Oral Health Research
- DHYG 420A Seminar in Dental Hygiene II
- Local Anesthesia for the Maryland Dental Hygienist