Cone Beam CT Imaging & Principles: Part II Advanced Basic Training
Friday, Feb. 8 from 8 a.m. until 5:30 p.m. and Saturday, Feb. 9, 2019 from 8 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. at the University of Maryland School of Dentistry
Presented by: Jeffery B. Price, DDS, MS; Martina Parrone, DDS, MS
This 12 hour course is a continuation of Part 1. The course has been designed to provide a more in-depth review of 3D radiographic anatomy; to provide advanced radiation safety training; to provide an increased understanding of interpretation of pathology as seen in CBCT imaging; to provide hands-on experiences with various CBCT viewing software packages such as SimPlant, InVivo Dental, Carestream, etcetera; to provide a live demonstration of CBCT image acquisition and to review reporting, medicolegal and standards of practice in CBCT imaging.
Upon completion of this course, the participants should be able to:
- Recognize common anatomic landmarks in 3D radiographic images
- Appreciate the risks and benefits of CBCT examinations in relation to standard radiation safety principles
- Recognize abnormalities and incidental findings in CBCT images
- Evaluate and select appropriate CBCT viewing software
- Minimize the presence of CBCT imaging errors and artifacts in order to maximize image quality
- Outline and discuss selection criteria, reporting responsibilities, medicolegal requirements and accepted standards of the use of CBCT imaging
- Dentist: $850
- Team Member: $525
- 12 CDE credit hours - lecture
The University of Maryland School of Dentistry has designated this activity for 12 Continuing Dental Education hours.
- Entire Dental Team
The University of Maryland, Baltimore is the founding campus of the University System of Maryland.
620 W. Lexington St., Baltimore, MD 21201 | 410-706-3100
© 2012-2013 University of Maryland, Baltimore. All rights reserved.