Cone Beam CT Imaging & Principles: Part I Basic Training
Thursday, February 7, 2019 from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. at the University of Maryland School of Dentistry
Presented by: Jeffery B. Price, DDS, MS
There are now more than 5,000 dental cone beam CT (CBCT) machines in operation in the U.S. This cutting-edge imaging technology will forever change the dental profession. Don’t be left behind. This course provides a detailed introduction to the cone beam CT. Learn how to efficiently use the machine in everyday practice. This course is ideal for dental professionals who are considering purchasing a cone beam CT unit, users who need to “get up to speed” on how use their new machine and even seasoned users who never received formal training.
Please note that a second, advanced user CBCT training course will be offered on Friday, Feb. 8 and Saturday, Feb. 9.
Upon completion of this course, the participants should be able to:
- Describe the basic functions of a CBCT machine, including how images are generated
- Evaluate the risks and benefits of CBCT examinations
- Outline and discuss the ethical responsibilities of the dentist/owner of a CBCT machine
- Discuss recent literature and opinions regarding CBCT selection criteria
- Recognize common abnormalities and incidental findings in CBCT images
- Dentist: $425
- Team Member: $220
- 8 CDE credit hours - lecture
The University of Maryland School of Dentistry has designated this activity for 8 Continuing Dental Education hours.
- Entire Dental Team
The University of Maryland, Baltimore is the founding campus of the University System of Maryland.
620 W. Lexington St., Baltimore, MD 21201 | 410-706-3100
© 2012-2013 University of Maryland, Baltimore. All rights reserved.