Prosthodontics Externship Program
The University of Maryland Prosthodontic Residency offers a two-week externship program in the University of Maryland School of Dentistry in Baltimore, Maryland.
Students selected for the externship come for a designated two-week period during which they observe the current residents in the clinic and participate in the seminars that are scheduled during their time at the University of Maryland School of Dentistry. Activities will include the observation of residents treating the complex needs of patients requiring fixed, removable, and maxillofacial prostheses as well as spending time with the residents in the laboratory. During seminars, the externs are expected to participate in all reading requirements and discussions. The University of Maryland Prosthodontic Residency has 10 residents with 13 faculty members. These include nine Diplomates of the American Board of Prosthodontics, two with training in maxillofacial prosthetics, three with an implant fellowship training and one with a master’s in craniofacial pain.
The objectives of this externship program are:
- Expose junior and senior dental students to the full scope of Prosthodontics at the specialty level
- Help students understand the process of residency education and training in Prosthodontics
- Expose students from other dental schools to the University of Maryland School of Dentistry and the Prosthodontic Residency
Interested students must submit:
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- Letter of recommendation from a Prosthodontist at their school
- Dental School transcript
- A copy of their Part I National Boards score (Xerox copy)
For best dates, please submit material by the March 1 to :
Dr. Carl F. Driscoll
Director, Prosthodontic Residency
University of Maryland School of Dentistry
650 West Baltimore St., Room 4219
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
The University of Maryland, Baltimore is the founding campus of the University System of Maryland.
620 W. Lexington St., Baltimore, MD 21201 | 410-706-3100
© 2012-2013 University of Maryland, Baltimore. All rights reserved.