Please read all instructions below before completing your on-line application. We suggest that you reserve about 30 minutes to complete this application. You will create a Log-In ID and Personal Identification Number (PIN). Your Log-In ID and PIN enables you to return to your application as many times as you wish before your final submission to the University of Maryland School of Dentistry. So please make special note of this information.
You will also use this Log-In ID and PIN to check the status and progress of your application on-line by logging back into SURF's from the ‘Check Application Status' link above.
All of your information is transmitted through a secure server and is kept fully confidential. Your application information and supplemental materials are reviewed by the University of Maryland, School of Dentistry - Office of Admissions for completeness before it is sent to your prospective department for review.
Before completing the on-line application, please review the admissions requirements for your postgraduate program and guidelines listed on our website at:
In addition to completing the on-line application information, you are required to complete and submit the application requirments listed on the site for the program for which you are applying submitted either through PASS or sent directly to the Office of Admisssions:
- Advanced Education in General Dentistry: http://www.dental.umaryland.edu/admissions/postgrad_aegd.html
- Endodontics: http://www.dental.umaryland.edu/admissions/postgrad_endo.html
- Orthodontics: http://www.dental.umaryland.edu/admissions/postgrad_ortho.html
- Pediatric Dentisty: http://www.dental.umaryland.edu/admissions/postgrad_pedo.html
- Periodontics: http://www.dental.umaryland.edu/admissions/postgrad_perio.html
- Prosthodontics: http://www.dental.umaryland.edu/admissions/postgrad_pros.html
- Once you log into the on-line application following the instructions provided by the "First Time Applicants Click Here" link, you will first select an 'Application Term' and an 'Applicant Type' from the drop-down menus; the 'Applicant Type' is the program to which you are applying.
- Follow the on-line instructions for completing the application in its entirety paying special attention to the required items; be sure to complete each section of the application under the 'Application Checklist'
FINAL NOTES AND REMINDERS ABOUT THE ON-LINE APPLICATIONYou may stop and save your work to continue at a later time while completing the on-line application. Please note, however, your application will not be reviewed or considered until it is submitted successfully, and all supplemental materials are received.
Before you click the ‘Submit’ button of your on-line application print each page for your records.
NOTE: While you may check the status and progress of your application on-line by logging back into SURFs, you may not make further modifications (changes, additions, etc.) to it on-line once it has been electronically submitted. Any corrected or additional information must be sent to the University of Maryland School of Dentistry Office of Admissions by postal mail. Please do not attempt to update your application by re-submitting it again.