Please read all instructions below before completing your on-line application. The online application is available November 1 until February 1. We suggest that you reserve about 30 minutes to complete this application. You will create a Personal Identification Number (PIN) and Password. Your PIN and Password enables you to return to your application as many times as you wish before your final submission to the University of Maryland School of Dentistry.
You may also check the status and progress of your application on-line by logging back into SURFs from the ‘Check Application Status link above. Make sure you use the same PIN and password each time you log-in.
All of your information is transmitted through a secure server and is kept fully confidential. Your application information and supplemental materials are reviewed by the Dental Hygiene Admissions Committee for the following: completeness of application, completion of required courses, GPA of required science courses, overall GPA of required courses, overall academic record (including repeats, failures, withdrawals, etc.), personal statement and quality of recommendation letters.
Before completing the on-line application, please review the Dental Hygiene Bachelor of Science degree admissions requirements and guidelines listed on our website at: http://www.dental.umaryland.edu/admissions/adm_new/dh_entry_appreq.html
In addition to completing the on-line application information, you are required to submit the following items as part of your application for admission:
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
Please attach a formal letter of recommendation to this supplemental form. One recommendation letter must be from a college-level science teacher and another from a Dental Hygienist or Dentist. You may also have an optional 3rd letter from your employer.
- Official Transcripts
Official transcripts must be received from each college or university attended. Foreign transcripts must be evaluated by WES or ECE
- Application for In-State Status Classification (Please complete if you would like to be considered for in-state tuition.)
- $75 (US) Non-refundable application fee made payable to the University of Maryland
- 2x2 Photo
- Shadowing Documentation Form (Optional)
Please use this form to document your Dental Hygiene shadowing experience hours if you do not have any documentation for this time.
Note; at the end of the electronic application you must print out the signature page, enclose with your payment, transcripts, letters of recommendation, photo and application for in-state status.
- Once you log into the on-line application following the instructions provided by the "First Time Applicants Click Here" link, you will first select an 'Application Term' and an 'Applicant Type' from the drop-down menus; the 'Applicant Type' is the program to which you are applying.
- Follow the on-line instructions for completing the application in its entirety paying special attention the required items; be sure to complete each section of the application under the 'Application Checklist'
- Select DHYG Bachelor of Science
You may stop and save your work to continue at a later time while completing the on-line application. Please note, however, your application will not be reviewed or considered until it is submitted successfully, and all supplemental materials and your $75 application fee are received. Before you click the ‘Submit’ button of your on-line application print each page for your records.
NOTE: While you may check the status and progress of your application on-line by logging back into SURFs, you may not make further modifications (changes, additions, etc.) to it on-line once it has been electronically submitted. Any corrected or additional information must be sent to the University of Maryland School of Dentistry, Dental Hygiene Office of Admissions by postal mail or email at email@example.com. Please do not attempt to update your application by re-submitting it again.